Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts – loaded with creamy peanut butter, salted peanuts, dark chocolate chips, and peanut butter cup minis; this peanut butter cookie is super peanut-buttery and melt in your mouth delicious!
If there was ever a peanut butter cookie for peanut butter enthusiasts it IS Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts!
Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts is adapted from BHG’s Biggest Book of Cookies. I made a few changes to the recipe in addition to adding MORE peanut butter, chocolate chips, salted peanuts, and peanut butter cup minis. When it comes to a cookie with “blowouts” in the name, MORE is perfection.
Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts is a peanut butter cookie packed with 2 CUPS of creamy peanut butter. It’s also loaded with dark chocolate chips and peanut butter cups because peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate flavor combo.
Who doesn’t like peanut butter and chocolate?!
To give Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts a little texture and MORE peanut-y flavor, plus a little salty goodness, there is a whopping CUP of chopped salted peanuts. This is a peanut butter cookie that is LOADED with texture and flavor!
Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts are a heap of a cookie. They don’t require refrigeration (YES!) and they hardly spread at all, making them a plump mound of peanut butter goodness. You get a soft and chewy cookie with peanut butter and chocolate in every bite! Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts go BIG or they go home!
If there is one phrase I would use to describe Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts it is melts-in-your-mouth. This was my first thought when I took a bite of this delectable peanut butter cookie, followed by crap my hubby needs to take these to work before I eat an entire batch (75 cookies!!) and totally blow my weight loss plan! 😉
There is absolutely no denying it; Chocolate-Peanut Blowouts are the ultimate peanut butter cookie for the ultimate peanut butter lover! Are you an ultimate peanut butter lover?
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis, chopped
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 and ¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined. Add peanut butter; mix on high until combined.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. The tops will not brown. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!