Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - classic oatmeal cookies kicked up a delicious chocolate notch with cocoa powder and milk chocolate chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
It's also probably why I have Classic Oatmeal Cookies, Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies, and Funfetti White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies here on Sarah's Bake Studio, and that list is about to go up one more with Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
I just can't get away from soft and chewy homemade oatmeal cookies, and I don't want to, and neither will you when chocolate and deliciousness is involved.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are an absolute MUST when you are creating a catalog of homemade oatmeal cookie recipes or even just cookie recipes.
I mean oatmeal meets chocolate; you can't possibly go wrong with that combination!
Plus, they are beyond easy-peasy. There are no hard to find or difficult ingredients to work with. These super chocolatey delicious cookies don't require the dough to be refrigerated first either; it's win-win.
They are just a simple, easy to please even non-oatmeal-cookie-lovers (whoever they are), lovable chocolate cookie.
You just can't go wrong with these awesome-sauce cookies!! I am telling you, they are a MUST bake.
If you're concerned these Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies may be too chocolatey for you, no need, the oatmeal cuts through any possibility of being too chocolatey.
If you're now concerned they aren't going to be chocolatey enough, no need, the cocoa powder plus milk chocolate chips create ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness in this chewy-in-the-middle cookie.
If you're now totally confused; I don't blame you, let's just say these soft and chewy cookies aren't rich or too much of anything.
They're just good. Really, really, GOOD!
Now go back yourself a batch of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, I dare you to eat just one!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ½ cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 and ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!