Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - your favorite classic oatmeal cookie with milk chocolate chips kicked up a delicious notch with the addition of more chocolate; oatmeal cookie lovers and #choctoberfest lovers unite.
Hands down my favorite homemade cookie is an oatmeal cookie.
I just can't get away from homemade oatmeal cookies.
Enter, Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies was an absolute MUST when #Choctoberfest 2018 rolled around.
I mean homemade oatmeal cookies meets chocolate; you can't possibly go wrong with that!
Plus, they are beyond easy-peasy AND are super chocolatey delicious.
Nope, you definitely can't go wrong with these awesome-sauce chocolate cookies!!
If you're concerned these Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies may be too chocolatey for you, no need, the oatmeal cuts through too chocolatey.
If you're now concerned they aren't going to be chocolatey enough, no need, the milk chocolate chips create an ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness in this chewy in the middle cookie.
If you're now totally confused (I don't blame you.), let's just say these cookies aren't rich.
They're just good. Really, Really, Chocolatey GOOD!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, I dare you to eat just one!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ½ cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 and ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix until combined. Add oats and milk chocolate chips; mix well.
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon balls or use a medium cookie scoop, #40 disher, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
More #Choctoberfest 2018 Recipes
Shop This Recipe