Chocolate Acorn Cookies - super easy and utterly adorable edible acorns made of chocolate, Hershey's Kisses, and mini vanilla wafer cookies; a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving desserts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I can’t believe it’s November already and we are talking Thanksgiving desserts.
Just last week it was Halloween and we were talking Pumpkin M&M Mini Cupcakes and Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes, which would also be great for Thanksgiving.
It snowed the last week of October in Wisconsin, which I find mind-boggling and absolutely loathsome. I hate snow with a passion. I was totally born in the wrong state.
Now before I go further into my loathing snow tangent, let’s talk Chocolate Acorn Cookies.
Chocolate Acorn Cookies are made with Hershey's Kisses playing the role of the nut, mini vanilla wafer cookies as the cupule, butterscotch chips as the stalk, and melted chocolate as the glue to hold it all together.
These utterly adorable candy chocolate acorns are super easy to create despite how science-y I just got describing them, and yes, I looked up what the parts of an acorn are called. I am nerdy like that.
I am not really sure if I should be referring to these as candy, chocolate, or cookies? Thankfully, it doesn't really matter because they're super cute and VERY delicious.
Plus, they pair wonderfully with my Turkey Nutter Butter Cookies, and would be a delightful addition to your Thanksgiving spread.
Chocolate Acorn Cookies, a simple treat that will make you both grateful and thankful because hello, easy, chocolate, delicious, and cute.
What are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts?
Chocolate Acorn Cookies
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip the bottom of a Hershey's Kiss into the melted chocolate, lightly shake off excess chocolate, and press Hershey's Kiss onto the flat side of the mini vanilla wafer cookie. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cookie side down; repeat with remaining cookies and kisses.
- Transfer the remainder of melted chocolate into a disposable pastry bag or sandwich bag; snip off a tiny bit of the corner. Pipe a small amount of melted chocolate onto the bottom of a butterscotch chip and attach it to the top of the mini vanilla wafer cookie to create the stalk/stem. Place on the prepared baking sheet; repeat with remaining cookies and butterscotch chips.
- Allow Chocolate Acorn Cookies to set on the prepared baking sheet. Eat & Enjoy!
Leave a Comment