Copycat Mrs. Fields Chewy M&M Cookies - sugar butter M&M cookies with perfectly soft and chewy centers, slightly crisp edges, and colorful M&M's Chocolate Candies.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
This post was originally shared on November 7, 2014, and has since been updated.
I love and I mean LOVE M&M Cookies which is why Sarah's Bake Studio sports several delicious variations of delightful cookies including Patriotic M&M Cookies, Valentine Chocolate Pudding M&M Cookies, and M&M Cookies. There is also no shortage of M&M's recipes on SBS either.
All that being said, it should be no surprise that I am adding Copycat Mrs. Fields Chewy M&M Cookies to the recipe mix. These beauties taste just like the ones sold at Mrs. Fields Cookies at the mall; soft and chewy centers, crispy edges, and perfectly placed colorful M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies.
I wish I could take all the credit for this fantastic copycat cookies recipe, but alas it is inspired by The Baker Chick's M&M Chewies. Audra over at The Baker Chick did a fabulous job replicating Mrs. Fields M&M's Cookies, and thus I didn't change a thing.
Copycat Mrs. Fields Chewy M&M Cookies are remarkably easy to make. We're talking about no hard-to-find ingredients and no refrigerating the cookie dough; just perfect, delicious, sugar butter cookies with M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies.
It's important to note that these too-good cookies will spread when you bake them, but they are supposed to be thin, chewy, and have crispy edges. You want them to be a delicious copycat of Mrs. Fields' cookies, just make sure to space them accordingly on your baking sheet.
Another baking note to this mouth-watering cookie recipe is that you add the M&M's AFTER you bake the cookies, then you pop them back into the oven for 30 seconds to allow the milk chocolate candies to secure (melt) into place. This allows for ample M&M's surface coverage AND the M&M's won't crack as much from the baking.
If you LOVE Mrs. Fields M&M Cookies then you'll LOVE these Copycat Mrs. Fields Chewy M&M Cookies; they are out of this world delicious! You won't be able to eat just one!
Copycat Mrs. Fields Chewy M&M Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on high speed until smooth and pale. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Immediately remove the cookies and press M&M's Milk Chocolate Candies into the tops of the cookies. Place back in the oven and bake for 30 seconds to melt M&M's into place.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!