BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies – soft and chewy, bite-sized chocolate chip cookies bursting with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
This post was originally shared on March 5, 2014, and has since been updated.
I don't fancy myself a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur. I much prefer Oatmeal Cookies, M&M Cookies, and Snickerdoodles to any cookie with chocolate. The world, however, loves chocolate chip cookies and so I was on the hunt for the most fabulous chocolate chip cookies.
This BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada. It is hands down my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and has become a huge staple in my bake studio.
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, and bite-sized, just the way I LOVE them. They are loaded with mini chocolate chips AND regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, as well as chopped walnuts. You cannot bite into this cookie without biting into a chocolate chip or a walnut. I dare you! 😉
The key to these most fabulous cookies is the cornstarch, though measuring flour is important too. The cornstarch is used as both a thickening and softening agent. It makes these little nuggets soft and chewy, essential for the BEST cookies.
When it comes to baking cookies, How to Measure Flour is ALWAYS important. If you inadvertently add too much flour to your cookies they can be dry and crumbly. If you don't add enough flour they can be flat, greasy, and crispy.
To keep your cookies from spreading, refrigerate the cookie dough. The dough should be chilled for a minimum of an hour and up to 24 hours. In addition, baking on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper-lined baking sheet can help alleviate the dough from spreading.
To create these cute bite-sized minis use a #60 cookie scoop. If you prefer your cookies to be a little larger then scoop cookie dough into tablespoon balls.
I highly recommend the bite-sized minis version though. They are AMAZING and when they are little you can eat more. 😉
When it comes to these delightful cookies, baking time and the cooling process play a role. It is important to bake your cookies for 7-9 minutes for bite-sized cookies and no longer than 9-11 minutes for regular-sized cookies. The tops of the cookies will not brown.
It may seem like a lot of hoops to jump through, but it is really not. Baking these little delights goes quickly, and they will disappear even quicker once they are done.
BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely delicious. You’ll never want to bake another chocolate chip cookie recipe again!
What is your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? Do you like Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies? Or do you prefer soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies?
BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 60 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake; the tops will not brown. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!