BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two – deliciously soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies made in a petite batch perfect for two. So good they’re the BEST.
I can’t believe Labor Day has already come and gone. This year is flying by. I can’t seem to keep up.
The passing of Labor Day always signifies the end of summer to me. I was hoping that summer might hold out this year given that we had such a long winter. Unfortunately, the temperatures this week are going to be in the 50-60’s which means no such luck. Fall is here.
The end of summer isn’t all bad. I enjoy Fall. I love being able to simply wear jeans with a sweater. I love going to the pumpkin farm with my niece. I love apple picking with my husband. I LOVE Halloween and baking Halloween Treats. I love Fall getaways. What’s your favorite part of Fall?
This week I decided to pass on the Fall recipes and baked up my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two.
You might be wondering why anyone would want a small batch of cookies, especially when the cookies are SO delicious! If this is you, you may want to head over to my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies in which these are adapted from. If you’re only feeding yourself and your hubby, you bake a lot, or you are just in the mood for a small batch than BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two is for you!
BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two is adapted from my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. The recipe is relatively the same. The not-so-secret ingredient of cornstarch still makes an appearance. The rest of the ingredients: butter, brown and granulated sugar, baking soda, flour, vanilla, salt, and mini chocolate chips are still a part of this recipe, and instead of one egg, you’ll use one egg yolk. Simple enough.
The recipe makes about seven large and delicious BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies. I generally make my cookies small, but this time I decided to GO BIG and used my OXO Medium Cookie Scoop instead. If you want more bite-size cookies go ahead and make your cookies smaller.
BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two will be your new best chocolaty, chewy, friend. Perfect for you and your sweetheart…or just YOU!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon balls, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. The tops will not brown. Do not bake longer than 10 minutes. Mine baked perfect at 9 minutes. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 4+ days.