Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes – snack cake cupcakes bursting with bananas and cinnamon, and capped with a delicious crumb topping; a perfect marriage of banana bread and banana cake.
When I stumbled across Banana Crumb Snack Cake on Fresh April Flours, I knew this was a recipe I HAD to make! With my sister’s birthday approaching and her shared love for banana cake, Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes was the obvious choice.
I decided to turn the Banana Crumb Snack Cake into Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes. I am partial to the convenience of cupcakes as a baker, eater, and cupcake lover; plus I like to mix “things” up a bit. I stayed true to the recipe other than substituting buttermilk with 1% milk and transforming the cake into cupcakes.
I have an awesome fan favorite Very Banana Cupcakes recipe (and one my sis adores too) but really wanted to give the Banana Crumb Snack Cake a spin. It looks positively delicious AND crumb topping on the banana cake is a MUST try in my book.
Thankfully, Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes was a delicious decision! I gave a half dozen to my sister for her birthday and my hubby took the rest to work and received. These bad boys received nothing but positive reviews!
The best way to describe Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes is if banana bread and banana cupcakes had a baby; Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes would be that baby. These cupcakes are denser than traditional cake, but lighter and fluffier than traditional banana bread.
Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes are moist and bursting with banana flavor! These cupcakes are oh-so-banana-y with 3-medium bananas mashed into smithereens and mixed into the batter. And of course, no banana bread, cake, or cupcakes would be complete without cinnamon! This must addition adds the lovely flavor that IS Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes!
One of the absolute favorite aspects of the Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes is the crumble topping! It is absolutely a MUST! It has a fabulous flavor and texture that really gives the cupcakes a little pep in their step and is a nice, flavorful variation from buttercream.
Banana Crumb Snack Cake is supposedly similar to Entenmann’s Banana Crunch Cake, however, I’ve never had Entenmann's cake before so I cannot attest to that. If you’ve had Entenmann's Banana Crunch Cake, what do you think?
Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes are SO super fabulous! You MUST bake and try them!
Banana Crumb Snack Cake Cupcakes
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, soften to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, and salt; whisk until combined. Drizzled melted and cooled butter over mixture.
- Using a spatula or your hands stir and break up chunks until a sandy crumb forms. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, mix together milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time; mixing until fully combined.
- Slowly add half of flour mixture and half of milk mixture to wet ingredients; mix until combined. Add remaining flour and milk mixtures; mix until combined. Add mashed bananas; mix until combined.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners – no more than ⅔ full, or use a #24 disher to scoop batter. Sprinkle tops with crumb topping, making sure to completely cover and evenly distribute.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes. Mine baked perfect at 18 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean it is done. Remove cupcakes from oven and allow cupcakes to cool in cupcake pan for 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!