Pecan Crispies – a simple, crispy, cookie with a beautiful butter flavor and pecan nuttiness; it’s like butter pecan ice cream in a cookie.
I really LOVE baking my way through BHG’s Biggest Book of Cookies. The recipes are satisfying my taste buds and knocking my socks off! If you can get your hands on this book, I highly recommend it. There are so many recipes to try (475 All-Time Favorites) that I cannot share them all!
Pecan Crispies are another recipe I was dying to try because I am nutty for nuts, especially pecans. This cookie isn’t like a lot of other cookies out there in that it isn’t loaded with all the fixin’s. It’s a simple cookie, but worth baking (and eating) all the same.
Pecan Crispies are a crispy cookie (in case you didn’t guess that from the name). Despite their crispy nature they are softer in the middle and are a chewy cookie. These little guys don’t plumb up, but they are not uber thin either. They’re cookie perfection.
What Pecan Crispies lack in ‘tons of stuff’ they make up for in flavor. This isn’t a cookie that needs a lot to be extremely flavorful, and they are. There is a beautiful buttery flavor to this cookie, plus the nuttiness of the pecans. The flavor is very reminisce of butter pecan ice cream in a cookie, which is paradise to me!
As I mentioned earlier, Pecan Crispies are a simple cookie. There are eight ingredients in this cookie, all usually readily available in your kitchen (less maybe pecans – which are a must in this cookie). Not only does this cookie have simple ingredients, but it’s also simple to make. You won’t get stumped on this one.
Don’t let the simplicity of this cookie keep you away. Pecan Crispies offer a lovely flavor packed into a cookie that is well worth baking!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 and 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and shortening on medium speed, about 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix until combined. Beat in eggs until combined.
- Slowly add flour to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Gently fold in pecans.
- Scoop dough into heaping teaspoon balls, or use a #60 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on a greased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 1 minute; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Pecan Crispies should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 3+ days or freeze up to 3 months.
Shop This Recipe