Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles – eggless peanut butter cookie dough stuffed with mini Reese’s Pieces, dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled with peanut butter white chocolate. Yum-ilicious!
If you visited the blog, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you know I ran into server issues last week. And by “ran into server issues” I mean the blog was intermittently down for a good portion of the week. Blah!
I am super stoked that it’s now back up and I am crossing my fingers and toes that we’re done with this entire website down nonsense. I am very regretful and apologetic for the website being down. THANK YOU everyone for being so understanding! In an effort to sweet talk you and to appease my guilt, I think it may be time for a giveaway. Join me on Facebook and you’ll be ‘in the know’ for this future giveaway! 😉
Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, it’s time for today’s recipe, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles!
These peanut butter cookie dough truffles were a family favorite at my family reunion this summer. I also brought Funfetti Truffles and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles you’ll totally want to check out. Mmmm, cookie dough truffles!
So, what makes these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles so good?
Well, for starters the peanut butter and chocolate. There is just something about peanut butter and chocolate that is positively WONDERFUL! Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Eggs, Pumpkins and Christmas Trees anyone?! I absolutely LOVE Reese’s Peanut Butter anything! These Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles are Reese’s good, maybe even better. I’ll let you decide that one!
So we’ve got peanut butter and we’ve got chocolate. Then there is the fact that you’re eating cookie dough. Another HUGE favorite; AND this is peanut butter cookie dough. YUM! The peanut butter cookie dough is eggless, which makes these little treats safer to eat. The awesomeness that is Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles doesn’t stop there though.
Remember when I was talking about how much I loved Reese’s? Well, these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles are stuffed with mini Reese’s Pieces! Yeah, I didn’t actually know mini Reese’s Pieces existed, but they do! I found them in the baking aisle at Walmart. I never shop there so finding these was a real win.
The mini Reese’s Pieces taste just like traditional Reese’s Pieces except they’re smaller, perfect for Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles. They also add a little color, a little crunch, and more peanut butter goodness to the cookie dough truffles. You can get by without adding them, but I strongly advise against it!
I adapted the fun idea of adding mini Reese’s Pieces to my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles, as well as the peanut butter white chocolate drizzle from Shughary Sweets. The addition of mini Reese’s Pieces was one idea I had to pounce on. Honestly, I think Reese’s Pieces make everything better.
The last little tidbit that makes the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles out of this world delicious is that they are dunked in dark chocolate and drizzled with a peanut butter white chocolate. It really brings the whole recipe together aesthetically and is tastes fabulous too!
The Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles are easy to make. All you need to do is mix together the easy to find ingredients, plus mini Reese’s Pieces, and then scoop these little babies into 2 teaspoon cookie dough balls. If you’re looking for the perfect gadget to do this then you want the OXO Small Cookie Scoop. This cookie scoop gets serious play in my kitchen arsenal!
Once you have your peanut butter cookie dough all scooped into beautiful cookie dough balls then you pop this no-bake recipe into the freezer for about 30 minutes. While they are chilling you can get your kitchen ready for the next phase of operation Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles.
You’ll need dark chocolate and white chocolate wafers for these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles. You can forgo the white chocolate if you’re OK with forgoing the peanut butter white chocolate drizzle. That little bit is up to you, but it does add a little something-something to the cookie dough truffles.
If you’ve read The Art of Melting Chocolate, or have read any of my posts involving melted chocolate then you know I am going to strongly suggest paramount crystals now. In fact, this probably won’t be the last time you hear me talk about paramount crystals, sugar bloom or fat bloom. Sorry, you’ve been warned.
I hate sugar bloom and fat bloom. If you’ve ever melted chocolate and it dried with little whitish-grey spots then you’ve encountered sugar bloom and fat bloom and it looks awful. It doesn’t effect the taste, but way to ruin a good looking sweet treat. Paramount crystals help make and keep the chocolate shiny and smooth, which means they help alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. Yeah, paramount crystals!
Once you have your dark chocolate melted you’re going to dip your cookie dough truffles into the melted chocolate using a toothpick. Gently tap off any excess chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet to set. Once you have all your Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles dipped in dark chocolate and they are moderately set you can drizzle with your peanut butter white chocolate.
Allow your Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles to set completely, Eat & Enjoy! You’ll LOVE them!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mini Reese's Pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate wafers
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons paramount crystals
- 2 oz white chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and peanut butter on medium speed until creamy. Mix in vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt on low speed until incorporated. Gently fold in mini Reese's Pieces.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip cookie dough truffles into chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper. Repeat until all cookie dough truffles are coated in chocolate.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers and peanut butter. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate and peanut butter are completely melted.
- Dip a fork into peanut butter white chocolate and drizzle over coated cookie dough truffles. Allow Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and will keep for up to 1 week.
Optional: Paramount crystals help keep chocolate shiny and smooth, as well as alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. You do not need them, but they are recommended.