Oreo Ornaments – Oreo cookies dipped in white chocolate and decorated to look like a holiday ornament with peanut butter cup minis, and festive candies and sprinkles; stress-free Christmas cookie perfection.
When it comes to the holiday season, Christmas cookies are a MUST. I must bake them and more importantly I must eat them. Unfortunately, at a time of the year where I have a laundry list of things to do and six Christmas’ to celebrate I usually drop the ball on something. That something is often baking, even as a baking blogger.
Fortunately, we have Oreo Ornaments; a quick, easy, fun, and festive Christmas cookie!
Oreo Ornaments are perfect for those who love Oreo Cookies. Second, they are fabulous for those who are on a time crunch but still want to get in the spirit with a little sweet treat making. Third, they are super festive and totally cute. And (d) they taste awesome!
Oreo Ornaments are an enjoyable treat to make with your kids. They’ll love decorating these ornaments, and everyone will LOVE eating them!
During the holiday season what do you end up leaving at the weigh side when you’re in a time crunch?
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies (your fav flavor)
- 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals¹
- 8 ounce package Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- sprinkles, M&M's Minis, sanding sugars
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip Oreo cookies into melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately press a peanut butter cup minis to the top, and decorate with your choice of sprinkles, M&M's Minis, and sanding sugars. Allow Oreo Ornaments to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Oreo Ornaments should be stored in an airtight container; will keep 7+ days.
Variation: Use Rolo candies instead of Reese's peanut butter cup minis.
¹ Optional: Paramount crystals help keep chocolate shiny and smooth, as well as alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. You do not need them, but they are recommended.