Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies – a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie loaded with chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures and Reese’s Pieces; the ultimate peanut butter cookie!
Do you ever feel like you want to sell everything you own, pack up your life, and just travel? I imagine a lot of people feel this way and few actually do. I’ve been feeling this way a lot lately. It’s not that I don’t love my life; it’s just that I feel like there should be more. That life should be simpler and less tech and social media. I know, weird coming from a blogger.
The truth is I spent the majority of my life struggling with anxiety which made it difficult to be happy. I didn’t really realize there was a difference until I finally got my anxiety in check. A life with less anxiety has made me happier and now I want to see more, do more, experience more, be more, and live more.
So as I am packing up my life to travel (I wish), I am going to be stuffing my suitcase with these Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are for people who have peanut butter running through their veins, for people who think everything is better with peanut butter, and for people who want and need more peanut butter in their life!
Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies are seriously LOADED with peanut butter! They’ve got two cups of peanut butter in the delicious peanut butter cookie dough, and are stuffed with chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures and Reese’s Pieces. Hello Reese’s and peanut butter; you complete me!
There isn’t a lot to say about these Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies because my mouth (and yours) is too busy shoveling them in. In all seriousness though, this is the cookie that turns people into cookie monsters (#iamtherealcookiemonster) and hiding cookie non-sharers.
If you have always been happy, finally found you’re happy, are looking for more, love to bake, are obsessed with peanut butter, or Reese’s than Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies are SO for you!
Find your happy in these Loaded Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies; they are definitely more!
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup for rolling
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, chopped
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces Baking Minis
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined. Add peanut butter; mix on high until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Add in chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures and Reese's Pieces; mix until combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Scoop dough into 2 teaspoon balls, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough. Roll balls of dough in granulated sugar and place 8 balls on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls with the bottom of a cup. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. The tops will not brown. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Loaded Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 7+ days.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Cookies.