Hello Dolly Bars – crushed graham crackers, flaked coconut, and milk chocolate chips make these gooey bars positively scrumptious; they’re a wicked good chocolate-y treat!
Today I am sharing Hello Dolly Bars. My Grandma used to make this recipe for the family. As a kid, I loved Hello Dolly Bars despite the fact that I had no idea what was in them, how to make them, or why they were called Hello Dollies. As an adult, I love the ooey-gooey goodness of Hello Dolly Bars, but now I know what is in them and how to make them. I still have no idea why they are called Hello Dollies.
Hello Dolly Bars are the ONLY recipe handed down to me. I do not come from a family of bakers. That being said, I am super stoked to be sharing this recipe with YOU!
Hello Dolly Bars are made up of melted butter, crushed graham crackers, coconut flakes, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk; that’s it. If you’re feeling particularly snazzy, which I usually am, you can add nuts. I added chopped walnuts, but chopped pecans would be a treat too!
Hello Dolly Bars are SO easy! They’re five-ingredient easy and no mixer needed! There are no tricks here, just beyond delicious treats! I know YOU want to bake and EAT these easy-peasy chocolate-y treats!! I do…and did!
Oh, and for all you coconut haters (like my hubby), you’ll love these too! My hubby did!
Make your taste buds jump for joy with these chewy-gooey-chocolate-y Hello Dolly Bars! Sweet!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 and 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts¹
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a food processor crush about 13 full graham cracker sheets, measure, and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter. Add crushed graham crackers and mix until crushed graham crackers are covered in melted butter.
- Pour butter/crushed graham cracker mixture into a 9"x13" pan; press evenly into bottom.
- Layer flaked coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts² onto crushed graham cracker base. Pour sweetened condensed milk over entire layered mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until top is light golden brown.
- Allow bars to cool completely. Cut to desired size. Eat & Enjoy!
Hello Dolly Bars should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 4+ days.
¹ Chopped nuts are optional.
² I used chopped walnuts, but chopped pecans would also be fabulous.