Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow – your favorite puppy chow with the addition of green and yellow M&M’s candies giving this tasty football snack Green Bay Packers flare! Go Pack Go!
It has been a seriously hectic couple of weeks. I am getting ready to close on (sell) my condo and move temporarily into an apartment that has a kitchen that makes me want to weep. It is SO small and there is no dishwasher. No dishwasher! The kitchen is a baker’s nightmare and gives a new meaning to bake studio. The silver lining, the beautiful kitchen I am going to have in the house we’re building.
OK, so we’re moving and then will be moving again once our house is built…in an estimated 18 months. It’s all good though; we’ll make it work because having a house is going to be AWESOME! Unfortunately, I’ll probably complain from time to time about my apartment kitchen, but bear with me. I’ll try to keep it to a minimum. 😉
Before we dive into Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow (YUM), I have a little announcement. I’ll be sharing with my email subscribers my eBook title, early-bird pre-sale info, and when you’ll be able to get your copy of my eBook very soon. You’re going to want to be subscribed! Woohoo!
On to the recipe, Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow. Obviously, I am a Green Bay Packers football fan. I am a Wisconsinite after all. I apologize if you aren’t a fan of the greatest football team ever. Look at this recipe as inspirational then, you can tweak it to fit with your favorite sports team.
Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow is your favorite six-ingredient puppy chow: Rice Chex, chocolate chips, butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar with the added twist of supporting the Green Bay Packers with the addition of green and yellow M&M’s candies.
Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow is the perfect snack to serve on game day, as well as when the Packers go to the Super Bowl. I am super optimistic, what can I say. 🙂
- 4 and 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup green and yellow M&M's candies
- In a large bowl, measure Rice Chex cereal. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract; stir slowly and continuously until completely melted.
- Remove melted mixture from heat and immediately pour over cereal; gently mix until cereal is coated.
- Pour coated cereal into a gallon zip-top bag along with the powdered sugar; gently shake around until coated. Add in green and yellow M&M's candies; gently shake around until evenly dispersed.
- Pour puppy chow onto a parchment/wax paper lined baking sheet to cool. Allow Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 7+ days.