Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies – dress up your favorite Oreo cookie with melted dark chocolate and sprinkles; your favorite Oreo cookies just got tastier!
I must admit, I’ve become a bit of an Oreo cookie fiend. Nabisco makes so many great Oreo cookies now that I’ve made it my mission to try all of them, including the limited editions. I’ve enjoyed most of the flavors I’ve tried so far, but the traditional Double Stuffed Oreo Cookies still remain my favorite!
Today’s Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies are limited edition Brownie Batter Oreo Cookies. We’re talking chocolate brownie flavored filling sandwiched between Oreo’s delish signature chocolate cookies, doused in Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate, and showered in Packer sprinkles. The Green Bay Packers are in the playoffs so everything is green and gold around these parts!
These Chocolate Covered Brownie Batter Oreo Cookies are absolutely divine, however being a limited edition you may need a different Oreo flavor in order to make this super-simple-chocolate-y treat. I promise Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies are delicious regardless of what Oreo cookie flavor you choose!
Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies are very simple to make, look pretty, and of course are positively wonderful. I mean seriously, when you take a cookie as good as an Oreo and dunk it in melted chocolate only magic can happen.
You can get totally creative with your Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies too! Not a Packer fan (shame on you), sprinkle them in your favorite team colors. 😉 Want to do something gorgeous and outside the chocolate box, decorate your Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies in Valentine’s sprinkles. This delightful chocolate cookie concoction is perfect for every holiday and more importantly JUST BECAUSE!
What is your favorite Oreo Cookie?
- Oreo Sandwich Cookies (your fav flavor)
- 2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals¹
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate candy wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip Oreo cookies into melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add sprinkles. Allow Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies should be stored in an airtight container; will keep 7+ days.
¹ Optional: Paramount crystals help keep chocolate shiny and smooth, as well as alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. You do not need them, but they are recommended.